Welcome to the
Kern River Watershed Coalition Authority
The Kern River Watershed Coalition Authority (KRWCA) is a joint powers authority, established to serve as the coordinator and coalition (third-party) group under the Irrigated Lands Regulatory Program (ILRP) in the Kern River watershed portion of the Kern County. On February 4, 2014 the Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board (Water Board) issued a Notice of Applicability (NOA) to the KRWCA, approving the KRWCA to represent member owners/growers of irrigated agricultural lands within the KRWCA boundary under the ILRP.
News & Important Dates
- Mark your calendars for the Annual Grower Education meetings listed on the dates and locations listed below. Please attend one of the meetings, which will include agenda topics regarding Nitrogen Management Plan Worksheets, Farm Evaluation and Nitrogen Management Summary Reports (due March 1, 2017, no exceptions).
- - Tuesday, December 20, 2016, 3 p.m. at the Kern Ag Pavilion in Bakersfield (3300 East Belle Terrace, Bakersfield)
- - Tuesday, January 3, 2017, 3 p.m. at the Wasco Elk's Lodge in Wasco (16694 Wasco Avenue, Wasco)
- - Thursday, January 5, 2017, 3 p.m. at the Buttonwillow Recreation Center (556 Milo Avenue, Buttonwillow)
- - Tuesday, January 10, 2017, 3 p.m. at the Kern Ag Pavilion in Bakersfield (3300 East Belle Terrace, Bakersfield)
Southern San Joaquin Valley Management Practices Evaluation Program Summary (PDF) – This summary outlines ways to identify and solve water quality problems within the Tulare Lake Basin. The complete, submitted MPEP Workplan is also available under KRWCA Reports on the News & Updates page.
KRWCA Winter 2016 Newsletter (PDF) – The Winter 2016 newsletter includes updates and information on: KRWCA Membership; Groundwater Quality Assessment Report, the Management Practices Evaluation Program, Sediment Discharge & Erosion Assessment Report, Surface Water Management Program, Chanac Creek Surface Water Quality Management Plan, Farm Evaluation Surveys, Sediment & Erosion Control Plans, Nitrogen Management Plan Worksheets and Summary Reports, reporting deadlines, and upcoming education/outreach events.
Farm Evaluation Survey (PDF) – Reminder: Farm Evaluation Surveys for all farms located within the high vulnerability areas are due no later than March 1, 2017. Complete for the 2016 crop/harvest year and MUST be submitted through ILRP Farm.
Nitrogen Management Plan Summary Report (PDF) - All large farms with parcels designated in high vulnerability areas will need to submit the NMP Summary Report no later than March 1, 2017. The NMP Summary Report summarizes the information from the 2016 NMP Worksheet, and MUST be submitted through ILRP Farm.
Nitrogen Management Plan Worksheet (PDF) – Due March 1, 2017 for all farms within designated high vulnerability areas and CERTIFICATION IS REQUIRED. Complete for the crop/harvest year of 2017. All farms within low vulnerability areas must prepare a NMP worksheet as well, but do not need to certify the plan.