Welcome to the
Kern River Watershed Coalition Authority
The Kern River Watershed Coalition Authority (KRWCA) is a joint powers authority, established to serve as the coordinator and coalition (third-party) group under the Irrigated Lands Regulatory Program (ILRP) in the Kern River watershed portion of the Kern County. On February 4, 2014 the Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board (Water Board) issued a Notice of Applicability (NOA) to the KRWCA, approving the KRWCA to represent member owners/growers of irrigated agricultural lands within the KRWCA boundary under the ILRP.
News & Important Dates
- Mark your calendars for the Annual Grower Education meetings listed on the dates and locations listed below. Please attend one of the meetings, which will include agenda topics regarding Nitrogen Management Plan Worksheets, Farm Evaluation and Nitrogen Management Summary Reports (due March 1, 2017, no exceptions).
- - Tuesday, December 20, 2016, 4 p.m. at the Kern Ag Pavilion in Bakersfield (3300 East Belle Terrace, Bakersfield)
- - Tuesday, January 3, 2017, 4 p.m. at the Wasco Elk's Lodge in Wasco (16694 Wasco Avenue, Wasco)
- - Thursday, January 5, 2017, 4 p.m. at the Buttonwillow Recreation Center (559 Milo Avenue, Buttonwillow)
- - Tuesday, January 10, 2017, 4 p.m. at the Kern Ag Pavilion in Bakersfield (3300 East Belle Terrace, Bakersfield)
Spring 2016 KRWCA Newsletter (PDF) – The Spring 2016 newsletter includes updates on membership, Groundwater Quality Assessment Report, Sediment Discharge & Erosion Assessment Report, Surface Water Monitoring Program, KRWCA Management Plan Development and Member Notification Policy, reporting requirements, Sediment and Erosion Control Plans, Farm Evaluations, Nitrogen Management Plans, education/outreach events, and the ILRP Farm online reporting tool.
APPROVED Sediment Erosion Control Plan Template (PDF)
Farm Evaluation (PDF) – Reminder: Farm Evaluations were DUE March 1, 2016. Complete for the previous crop/harvest year (2015) by logging in to ILRP Farm.
Nitrogen Management Plan Worksheet (PDF) – Due March 1, 2016 and CERTIFICATION IS REQUIRED. Complete for the crop/harvest year of 2016.